Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

Here's our Thanksgiving recap:

Remember how I previously posted on how wonderful nursery is? Well, it turns out there's a down side. It's called catching a cold, and getting an ear infection. Poor Jack was sick over Thanksgiving, and because our family in Midland was sick too, we decided to stay home and not risk Jack getting worse. So we spent Thanksgiving day at home alone, eating zero turkey or dressing!! Luckily, we had a nice turkey dinner the next day at my parents' house. My sister Kristi was in town, so we got to spend some quality time together. Here we are at a creek feeding the ducks. Jack was so adorable the way he threw the bread. He threw it so hard at the ducks, and then he didn't understand why they waddled away from him when he tried to walk up to them.

Aunt Kristi and Jack sharing a moment


Here's some footage of Jack's throwing skills:

Saturday night we ice skated! I've always loved ice skating, especially around Christmas time. We went to the Galleria mall in Dallas, and they had the biggest Christmas tree I've ever seen. It spanned 5 levels, and was beautifully lit.
me and Jon

me and Kristi

We had a good time, and I can't wait for Christmas! This is my favorite time of year. Happy Holidays everyone!

5 comments:

Leah Z said...

These photos are so cute! I'm glad you had a good Thanksgiving, even though the day of wasn't so great.

It is really funny to watch Jack throw the bread as hard as he can at the ducks. Quarterback someday?

Mikasa said...

looks like fun, I already miss Dallas.

Jill said...

I miss the tree at the galleria. It's been too long! Sorry to hear that everyone was so sick.

Amy Brinton said...

The Galleria tree! I had almost forgotten! You all look great.

I Love Freedom said...

Sigh...we sure missed you at Thanksgiving. Thanks for posting the pictures, ya'll look wonderful. I can't believe those ducks didn't attack Jack for the bread! He's just at the right level.