Friday, December 11, 2009

It's the little things

Jack is doing so many precious things lately; I feel crazy trying to remember them all! Here's one example of his cuteness. Earlier this week I put Jack down for a nap...1 hour later and he's still awake, playing in his crib. He usually falls asleep pretty quickly, so I went in to check on him. Turned out he needed a diaper change- so I changed him and put him back in his crib (anticipating screaming and crying b/c he HATES if you take him out of his crib, and then immediately put him back in the crib). So to placate him, I tucked a blanket around him and he gave me the sweetest smile as if to say, "thank-you Mommy." Ahhhhh. 10 minutes later I check back in, and here's what I find: He was fast asleep in the comfort of his blanket. Ever since he was a newborn baby, he has always buried his head in blankets and cushions to sleep. I don't know how he breathes, but he just loves to snuggle. And that is just one of his many adorable qualities.

3 comments:

Amy said...

What a sweet little story. I need to be better about writing down things like this, too.

Erin R said...

aww! How precious!

Brian Nelson said...

He is the cutest little boy ever! I enjoyed seeing him at the hospital, and I can't believe how big he is. He dwarfs little Eloise.