Thursday, April 2, 2009

Update:

The past week has been business as normal. We rented the movie Australia and watched it over the span of 2 nights, because, yes, it's that long. It was a good rental though. We also watched Mummy 3, and it was quite disappointing. I really hate when they replace main characters with a different actor in the middle of a franchise. Do they think the audience won't notice? Not that the Mummy franchise was ever oscar-worthy but atleast I was entertained, and I liked Rachel Weisz. To end my tirade, neither Jon or I liked it, in no small part to the casting change.

And today was Jon's birthday, so happy birthday to my hubby! He got lots of attention and gifts including a new stand for his hammock, for those lazy breezy days (need more of those!) . We also ate at Saltgrass Steakhouse which was excellent, dare I say better than Outback. It was so tasty that I ate my entire 10 oz steak, in addition to mashed potatoes, bread, salad, and 2 cokes. But, calorie conscious as ever, I took the dessert to go!

And the MOST exciting news ever is that Jack started walking this past week!! So cool. He's not quite 11 months old yet, so I think that's pretty good, although since he's my first I don't have much past experience. He is so proud of himself and I can't help clapping and squealing for him. It's exciting! And for all of you nay-sayers out there-- yes, I realize now he'll be getting into more things, and that mischief and defiance lay ahead. Shut up! I'm tired of getting excited over a milestone only for seasoned parents to point out the pitfalls of such milestones. So go ahead and walk Jack. Below are 2 videos of Jack displaying his young athleticism: a) basketball and b) walking.

1 comment:

I Love Freedom said...

Jack is so cute! I love the videos and pictures. Of course, I LOVE that cute grandson!
Gma N