Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A Long Awaited Story

Sleep-walking. Sleep-talking. Sleep-slapping?

Scene: A darkened room at 1:15 a.m., husband and wife deep in peaceful slumber.

Conflict: Things are not as it seems, as...SLAP! The sleeping wife slaps her husband right across the face, abrubtly and (violently) waking the aforementioned peaceful husband.

Resolution: The husband yells out, angry at the complicit and (violent) wife. The sleepy, drousy wife hushes her husband with a "shhh, it's okay, go back to sleep." And then immediately drops off to sleep again, while the bewildered and (angry) husband is left awake, wondering if his wife is out to get him.

And so happened the sleep-slapping incident of 2009 in the Nelson household. I really do love you Honey!

6 comments:

Erin R said...

That story will never not be funny (except maybe to Jon..teehee)

Erin said...

You rock Erin! Way to comment!

Amy Brinton said...

I love the comments to yourself, Erin. And let Jon know he's not alone! I, too, have suffered extreme confusion over Sleepy Erin Behavior.

Erin said...

Actually "Erin R" is my sis-in-law, not myself. We all get confused since I stole her former last name!

Jill said...

That's hilarious. I'm so glad you blogged about it so the date is even documented. I hope Jon has recovered.

I Love Freedom said...

Unfortunately, it must be something universal, because David has whacked me before, too. I think it resulted in a slightly blackened eye. He didn't even remember it. Must be some wild dreams going on. And, while embarrassing, it IS still funny.
Gma N