Saturday, April 18, 2009

Spring Flowers

Spring is here and summer approaches. I love this time of year when the weather turns warm, and outside activities can resume once again. Since moving to our new place we have a great balcony which just begs for flowers and plants to decorate it. I'm trying to decide which flowers to buy...but since I'm not really knowledgeable in this area, I want to know your ideas! The flowers would get sun only in the morning hours, and shade the rest of the day....with plenty of heat. Ideas anyone?

3 comments:

Erin R said...

It is a nice time of year...except for the allergies.
And about the plants... I'm terrible with plants. Though I have kept my poinsettia alive since the beginning of December...so if you're looking for a durable plant that needs not a whole lot I recommend those! lol.

I Love Freedom said...

Impatiens is nice and you can put it in a hanging pot, too. Depends on if you want hanging or pots. But impatiens does either. Just go to WalMart and go shop out in the nursery. The little tags tell you if it needs sun or shade. Then you just choose the colors you want! You can always get fake ones and then it doesn't matter about the sun, and best of all, you don't have to remember to water them!

Amy Brinton said...

I love petunias because they're so hardy. Jacob and Zachary planted a huge 4 ft. by 6 ft. bed full of them (and a couple tomatos) last year, and just a few plants filled the bed. It was beautiful!