Thursday, January 29, 2009

Icy cold

Winter has officially arrived here. Snow and ice blanket the ground outside our house, creating a beautiful backdrop. However, I don't have to go out in it, so I suppose it's more beautiful to me. Poor Jon though has to commute to Fort Worth and back. Luckily, when at its worst yesterday, his work allowed him to stay home, safe and warm. Luckily for me too, since I got to sleep in! It should ice more often!

Well our moving date is rapidly (and slowly) approaching...1 week from Saturday and then we'll be at our own place. Jon and I are both really excited and are counting down. I've been busy acquiring new furniture for the place, since Jack's arrival has us needing more storage. One of our new acquires includes a gift from Grandma Nelson: baby gates that interlock into a play yard, making a hexagon. It's so funny, when I put it up, both Jon and I said it looked like an Ultimate Fighting ring for babies! But what do you think?
(Jack's waiting for the next contender to challenge him! )

*Warning* This is really random: The other night while finishing up laundry, Jack helped me carry it back to our bedroom. See what a cute little helper he is!

2 comments:

Amy Brinton said...

My sister-in-law has one of those playpens and uses it all the time, especially to corral the kid while she takes a shower. Good luck with the rest of your purchases and with the icy weather!

Jill said...

How's the new place? Are you getting settled? It looks like Jack just needs some gloves :)