Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Spring is here...

...and so is spring cleaning and projects.

First up was our front yard, inluding pulling and digging weeds up. After spending about an hour or so a day for four or five days de-weeding, the fun part of yard work began with planting flowers. I love the added color!

I chose pink and purple petunias, impatiens, begonias,

 and red geraniums for my potted plant.

Then came another dreaded job- replacing our fence. It's needed repairs for awhile now, but one storm about 2 weeks ago with 50 mph winds finally sealed its fate.

Kudos to Jon for building the gate without help, and installing it so well. It glides open and shut now! It is a far cry from the old gate that we had to lift and push in order to open, and that actually fell off its hinges completely, leaving me to catch it, on one occasion when I tried to open it.

Jack modeling the newer model fence

Jon has done much hard labor around here lately, and I'm impressed by his skills! Thanks to his brother Brian for lending us his time and truck so we could build the fence, to my parents for their expertise and babysitting skills, and friends from the ward. We couldn't have done it without your help!

2 comments:

Tina said...

Your yard and fence look GREAT!! I love those flowers in your pot. I look at them every time I pass by! Your hard work has paid off!! Yay!

Erin R said...

Very nice looking! You're welcome to come do our yard now. =)
The fence does look good! I will be so excited once Ryan *finally* finishes ours.
It's been a while since I've been to your blog, looks like life is good. The boys are so very cute!