Sunday, April 22, 2012

Jason's BIG birthday post

The Birthday Boy in his birthday hat!
Big brother Jack is always available to pose
Our family gathered to help celebrate, including Aunt Erin and her hubby and  2 girls
Jason playing alongside his cousin


Mimi and Jack

Uncle Brian and Daddy (posing here under coercion)



The party's theme was sailboats

Bring on the presents...

Hmm, I really just prefer this ribbon and tissue paper.
Oh boy- blocks! Thanks Uncle Brian and family!
                           
Video footage of Jason "opening" his presents. Note that he repeatedly pushes his gift out of the way to go after the tissue paper, love it.

Bubba Jase with Mama and Dada

The birthday cake. I felt adventurous this year and did a sheet cake with a round cake on top. The round cake was reserved for Jason to smash, so I made sure to snap plenty of photos to document its cuteness. Thanks to Jon for the sailboat idea!
The family singing "Happy Birthday"
Jason's first moments with the blessed cake...

....hmm, a little bit more frosting
...his fingertips are a little frosted now

...what have we created?!
...oh gosh, beware the smurf baby!

And just in case you didn't get enough of the frosting monster, there's more footage below! I must say, he never hesitated going after that cake.

And for you observant ones out there- yes, Jason is in a new outfit after having a much needed bath after his smash cake fiasco. The party wrapped up, and we played in the backyard with cousins. It was the perfect party and a perfect day. Thank you to all the family who came and celebrated Jason with us, and to our family who couldn't make it, but were there in spirit! I can't believe my baby is already 1 year old. Jason- it's truly been a fantastic year with you; you've fit in seamlessly in our family. I can't wait to see what year 2 brings!


3 comments:

I Love Freedom said...

Great job! He is so just so adorable.

Tina said...

Just keep feeding him that size of cake every day and then he'll start to gain weight... right?!
Hee, hee!! Sounds like such a fun party. What a cute little smurf baby!

Amy Brinton said...

I have never seen a one-year-old go after a cake like that! I laughed aloud.

I have been thinking about your mom today. I hope that she had a happy birthday! I will try to call her soon. Had to make a surprise trip to the children's hospital this morning and never got back on track with my schedule!