Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Walking, Climbing, and Sliding, oh my!

I've been meaning to post these videos of Jason for awhile now, but better late than never.

While visiting my parents over Spring Break, we took the boys to a playground where Jason shocked us all. There was a platform with a step up to a higher platform which then connected with a covered slide. While I was talking to my mom, Jason climbed up from the lower platform to the higher one and with no hesitation proceeded to crawl to the slide, climb on and go down on all fours! He was amazing and loooved it. I tried to get him to re-create his physical feat for the camera, but never got the perfect video, darn it. The video does show him sliding down by himself though. Afterwards, when time to go home, he cried and did the 'limp-body' move so I'd drop him on the ground so that he could go play some more.
 

And also over Spring Break, when 11 mos old, Jason took his official first steps! He walked between me and my mom. He has excellent balance and could stand all day long, but he is still pretty cautious about walking. For a few weeks after his first steps, he preferred to crawl everywhere, but about a week ago he finally wanted to walk. This video was taken 3 weeks before his 1st birthday.
 

I had to post this picture of Jason doing his signature squat. An example of his balance- he stands up and then crouches down and plays with toys, while his feet are flat on the floor and butt in the air. He then stands up from that position without using his hands for help, and crouches down again, and so on.
It's hard to believe that in just 2 weeks this boy will be 1! This past year has flown by. Little Jason now has 6 teeth (4 uppers, 2 lowers), and an increasing curiosity for the world around him. He is learning words, and saying "da da" when he sees Jon, and at times (though less often) he says "ma ma" in my general direction. He is our bubba Jason and we love him!

No comments: