Wednesday, August 10, 2011

One of those mornings...

It's been one of those days. You know, those days where nothing seems to go right, in fact it's almost comical how wrong things go. It starts out with me feeding Jason around 5am in my bed, and I decide to just leave him there once he falls asleep, with me heading to the couch for a couple more hours of shut-eye before Jack wakes. Jack gets up and I lure him to the couch with the promise of his latest favorite cartoon, in the hopes that I can snooze longer. Only I feel his pj bottoms are wet, and now the couch cushion is wet. Darn. So much for that idea. I quickly change Jack, and then attend to the couch.

A couple of hours later, I decide to take Jack and Jason to Chick-Fil-A where Jack can play in the A/C for awhile and have fun. I thought myself clever to have timed our visit at 10am, so as to avoid the lunch crowds. It just so happens, that this morning was the one morning every 2 weeks that they hold storytime. So not only are the tables in front of the play place taken by the kiddos and their parents, but the tables adjacent to the play place are reserved by their deserted trays and diaper bags. Thanks. Oh well. I order their breakfast item, the chicken minis, and Jack and I both enjoy one. It's pretty tasty. Then he runs off to play, leaving me and Jason to play amongst ourselves. Not 2 minutes later does Jack return with an odd look on his face, when I notice throw-up on his shirt and shorts. For some reason I think to myself, "it's just a little, I'll wipe it up and he can go play." After wiping him down, I realized that no, we really must just go home. During the wipe-down, the Chick-Fil-A manager informs all the other moms that the play place is temporarily closed while it's being cleaned, and it'll only be a few more minutes. MORTIFICATION ensues. I'm hoping that nobody notices that it's my kid, who I'm discreetly wiping down, that dirtied the play place. And then the inevitable walk of shame out the door and to the car. I think we were there about 10 minutes total.

So my day began with pee, with some throw-up in the middle- I'm too afraid to think how it'll end.

2 comments:

Leah Z said...

The other day at church Baby Z was drooling on my shoulder and one of the counselors in the bishopric, alarmed, whipped out a kleenex. I told him don't worry about it -- clear liquids don't bother me anymore.

Days like the one you described are exactly why. :)

Aslinn Rose said...

The charms of mom life.