Wednesday, August 24, 2011

1st day of school

I can't believe it. I officially have a kid in school. Jack started preschool this past Monday and attends every day for 3 hours in the morning. Because of his speech delay, he qualified for our district's preschool, so I'm excited to see him learn even faster than he currently is!

Monday morning I walked him to his classroom and spoke with his teacher for a few minutes and told him goodbye, at which point the tears and freak-out ensued. To be honest with you, since he's so independent all the time, it was kinda nice to have him cling to me for a bit. He gave a few good screams and I gave him one last hug and left. Talk about hard! I just wanted to soak up his clinginess for awhile, but I knew it'd be harder on him so I didn't draw it out. 3 hours later when I picked him up, his teacher reassured me that about 1 minute after I left he was fine. That sounds about right. Glad he recovered. The second day back- zero tears, zero clinginess. We kissed goodbye and that was about it.


Below: Jack is a little unenthusiastic to have been walked back inside the school after dismissal to have his picture taken with his teacher:Once we walked back outside the school and towards the car, his smiles started back-up:

What a little model! He posed about 4 different poses for me with his cool new "Cars" backpack.

He has not taken off that backpack except to bathe (and that was a fight) for the past several days. I'm so proud of my little man. I can't believe he is in school!

3 comments:

Tina said...

Oh, he is just the cutest! I'm glad he is getting better with each day.

Ali said...

Wow, what a big boy! I wouldn't mind if my two went to preschool a few days a week. :) What will you do with all your free time?

Aslinn Rose said...

Oh, the sobbing show is so hard to resist. When I went shopping for new clothes last Monday, Marina watched Ella for me. She loves her aunt Marina but when she saw me waving by and getting into the car without her she screamed like no tomorrow. It was so hard to leave, but I knew that if I dragged it out it would only make it worse. I called Marina after I left and she assured me that the moment they went back inside and shut the door she stopped crying-it was all for show-oh but those tears and screams about ripped my heart out.
Jack is so cute sporting his backpack. I'm so glad he has this opportunity.