Sunday, August 21, 2011

Field trips around town:

Over the past month, we've had fun visiting a couple of trusty favorite spots and then tried out a new one.


We ate at our local BBQ place which has the best bread ever, and afterwards chilled out in their fabulous lawn chairs on their shady lawn. We not only love their food, but love the atmosphere of sitting beneath the trees and feeling the summer breeze. We went to a tried and true favorite: The Zoo! (twice!)
I love the look on Jack's face in the above picture, classic Jack. He has the best faces.

Below, I made him pet the bronzed frog. On our second trip back to the zoo, he must have thought you were supposed to pet the frog because he went out of his way to pet it that time.

I let Jack pet the snake, even though they are my least favorite creature in all the world.

Jack posing with Jon's brother, Uncle Brian, and his younger cousin in action behind them.

Jack and his cousin Eloise, looking at some type of monkey

me with my friend/sis-in-law Aslinn

swans....

I like this shot since it shows my 2 boys in their differing physical stages, with Jack on top of the fence and Jason looking on while in the stroller

The new spot we visited- our local flying museum!

This was Jon's favorite plane there, as he's picture below with it:









Bomber plane with super cool graphics on the side, called the "Pacific Prowler." (Its propeller is in the above picture)- this plane was quite intimidating to stand next to, it was BIG, with guns all over it (Jon would probably be embarrassed that I don't know what type of guns they were, but there were lots of them)

a navy plane....'hey Jack, look at the camera!!'

Since there are 3 boys in my family, I figure I had better learn about all the boyish activities/sights in our area to do. The airplane museum was a success, and I bet will get even more popular the older my 2 little ones get (Daddy already loves it). The zoo is a classic favorite. Next stop is the Children's Science and History museum downtown!

2 comments:

Amy Brinton said...

The flight museum looks awesome! I've found that being the only girl in the family brings out my love for all things "boy" also. So fun.

Tina said...

Oh fun! What great places to visit. I really wanted to go to the zoo this summer but it was so incredibly hot! Maybe in the fall...?