Monday, March 9, 2009

Hallelujah!

It's time to celebrate! It's official, it's a miracle: we have tv and internet! Jon and I spent a glorious 4 hours of catching up on 24 Monday night- the perfect night for them to feature a 2 hour episode. (Not that a group of 12 men with guns could take hostage the entire White House- really??) But nonetheless, it was quite enjoyable to use our DVR and fast forward and ignore all the annoying commercials. How did I ever make it this long without a DVR? Oh, how I love you. Life is good here, surprisingly hot actually. It's in the 80's here, but this is Texas so that means it could be in the 40's tomorrow. I wish it would make up its mind: hot or cold? My thermostat is severely confused: A/C or heat? I'm all for the A/C...

So I promised pictures...

Master Bath shower head (notice extreme height, totally feels like a waterfall)

Jack's room- note him eating his crib- we're so proud!

The hallway leading to Jack's room/bathroom (note it leads AWAY from my room!)

The glorious kitchen, with an easy-to-clean cook top

View from living room to dining room, with lots of windows for lighting.

P.S. So I'm trying to make friends in our new ward, which is hard because I've missed Relief Society a lot in the last month, read: (Jack, Jack, Stake Conference, and allergy attack). But I think I finally succeeded yesterday because I met a few younger women my age. My conversation opener?-- "Hi, my name's Erin and I'm new here. Do you know any good OB's in the area?"-- Okay, to be honest, I actually opened with the pediatrician, and then smoothly moved on to the woman doctor.

P.P.S. So why did I choose to share the above information? Because the referral to a pediatrician came in handy today since Jack came down with a cold/cough. We went to the doctor's office first thing this morning and after about 30 minutes of paper work, we got right in and waited (get this) less than 5 minutes to see the doctor! Wow, yes, I'm going back. It was the first doctors experience in a long time when I didn't leave feeling completely frustrated and irritated for waiting FOREVER to spend 5 minutes with a doctor who is just trying to get out the door as fast as possible, and if he/she has time give me some medical advice. This doctor actually interacted with Jack and made multiple references to becoming better friends in the future, what?! I'm in pediatrician heaven.

3 comments:

Amy Brinton said...

Your place looks fantastic! I especially love the paint color in Jack's room, and the stainless steel appliances in the kitchen look so sleek. Good to know that you're alive! :)

Jill said...

Your new place looks nice. Did you paint Jack's room? I love the blue. It's horrible when there's no DVR at hotels we stay at. It's never fun to discover commercials again, and watch a show at its programmed time. That's why I'm behind on 24 and need to catch up!

Erin said...

Thanks guys! The apartment had a painter paint accent walls, although I did pick out the colors. I love that blue too, it's such a boy's room!