Thursday, March 19, 2009

Gettin' in Shape

Ah, you gotta love getting back in shape. Okay, truthfully it kind of sucks. Especially if you haven't worked out in you can't remember how long. That's pretty bad. Nonetheless, Jon and I both started working out this week. It's amazing how much better you feel about yourself after breaking a sweat! One night we played some one-on-one on the complex's bball court while Jack watched from his stroller. It was a lot of fun, and I really loved sharing sports with Jack. He probably had no idea what was going on, but it'll be so much fun when he starts walking and we can play sports together. We've got big plans this summer for swimming and basketball. He practiced his swimming in the bathtub earlier tonight. He layed down on his tummy while playing with his toys, not caring at all if the water got in his face. I CAN'T wait for pool time! I love the pool, and a bonus is that it's sure to tire Jack out to get some good sleep afterwards!

Oh, and a shout out to my husband!, who gave me an iPod nano for my birthday, to aid me in my fitness quest.

4 comments:

Leah Z said...

Good for you, Erin! I think it's kind of nice to start the fitness goal mid year -- I feel less like a lost cause than I do when I re-motivate myself in January along with every other out of shape person in America.

Will Jack be dribbling before he can walk?

Amy Brinton said...

I wish that I lived nearby and could take my boys swimming with you and Jack! With your years of experience, he'll be one of those miracle babies that swims across the pool before he's two!

P.S. Do you have Nike+ with your nano? It tracks your mile times, distance, and speed, which are all things that I can do with my stopwatch, but it's so much cooler to hear it from the nano man's voice.

P.P.S. After Zachary was born, I remember going out to run down the street (only a quarter of a mile!) and stopping at least three times to catch my breath. I was completely discouraged! So it sounds like you're doing better than I was then. Good luck.

Ali said...

I wish I could get in shape with you. When are you moving back to Utah? Well, call me and give me some of your motivation.

Erin said...

You just had a baby- I think you have an excuse to lay back for awhile. Besides, I'm sure you'll be running in marathons soon enough!