Sunday, March 10, 2013

My sister got married!

My sister Teri got married last weekend, and it was spectacular! She'd been dating her new hubby Eric for about a year and a half, and is ridiculously in love, so it was wonderful to share such a fun and important day with her.
 
Here's the happy couple at the rehearsal dinner
 
We had Johnny Carino's, delicious

Teri gave me a beautifully monogrammed canvas bag as a bridesmaid gift- love it. And she thoughtfully gave my boys presents to open too; they were so excited to get their new books. Jack got one of those brainquest workbooks, and Jason got a fun coloring book. And Eric gave Jonathan a Home Depot gift card as a thank-you for being his best man. It was perfect since we are currently in the middle of our most recent painting project and had tons of paint to stock up on. As a sidenote, Jack ate about 2 loaves of bread for dinner, and Jason had my mom's lasagna and chocolate cake. Sounds good to me!

Jason opening his gift

 The big day! Teri & Eric looked perfect together. She was gorgeous! Her jewelry was to die for. Kristi and I were her maid of honor and matron of honor, respectively. (makes me sound old I think) Check out Jason's cheesy smile. I LOVE it! He could literally be mid-tantrum, and you say "smile!" and he'd stop and flash you that cheesy grin. He's hilarious.
 
The ceremony was beautiful, I was tearing up the whole time, just so happy for my sister, and to have a new brother in the family! The reception afterwards was so much fun. Part of the reason for that was we had a babysitter meet us at the wedding to corral the boys and drive them home early for bed. It was wonderful to not have to chase after them!
 
Our Aunt Lynn, cousin Ryan, and cousin Randy and his wife Haley flew in from California for the wedding. So it was great to see them too. We all enjoyed the reception together- eating, dancing, and posing for pictures in the photo booth. Regrettably, I was too busy talking to people and peforming my bridesmaid duties (including making a toast!) to take my own pictures. That being said, my sister is sending me a cd of her wedding pictures, so I'll have some more to post a little later on.
 
My sisters and I at the wedding after-party....which is why there's a mechanical bull in the background. No, the wedding reception did not involve any mechanical bulls.

It was a whirlwind of a weekend. Did I mention how happy I am for Teri and Eric? And now, for their honeymoon, they're visiting Fiji! How amazing is that? I asked to come along, but for whatever reason they declined. Oh well, next time.

No comments: