Sunday, August 26, 2012

Thursday-

On Thursday, we took a field trip to the Japanese Garden. It was an inspiring place.


 The entrance-


It felt like we had stepped into another world. It was gorgeous, with a sprawling koi pond, winding pathways and steps leading to new vantage points, docks, bridges, and pagoda styled architecture.

 I dressed the boys up, in the vain hopes of getting an updated photo of them for our family wall. Jason, suffice it to say, was not cooperative and wouldn't sit still!

 Jon with the boys on one of the bridges over the koi pond

Me and the boys. I love this bridge!


The ducks & koi, we fed the fish and created a feeding frenzy, tehe
Jon and Jack on the stepping stones, crossing over the pond-

Jack- looking a little concerned at that fish swimming by him-


View from a gazebo

Jon & Jason



Jack examining the monkey "see no evil," "speak no...," "hear no..." statues. Jon and I asked him if he wanted to see the monkeys, and I think he thought we were talking about real monkeys. When he walked up to the statues, he stared at them for a good 10 seconds or so, and then poked it. Haha, he tried to poke the monkey to see if it'd move!

Jon & Jack, hand in hand

Love, love, love this shot. So precious, walking after his daddy and brother.

After the Japanese Garden, we treated the boys (and ourselves) to Red Robin's, yum! Jack and Jason both indulged in chocolate milkshakes and Jack nearly devoured his pizza. Can I just say that Jason is a milkshake-aholic? The second his eyes made contact with that milkshake he just reached and screamed for that thing; I think he had more than I did.

And then, we drove across the street to Toys-R-Us, and browsed thru all the toys. Jack got a back-to-school present: a doctor kit! He was thrilled, and started playing with it the minute we got home. He kept telling me and Jon to cough and be sick so he could treat us. So cute. He is fiercely protective of his doctor kit right now, and runs to protect it from Jason if Jason steps anywhere near it.

Last, but not least, Jack and I had a date and went to see the 4th Ice Age movie. I bought him a ridiculously expensive bag of Skittles at the theater, and he sat in my lap for the duration of the movie. I think we both enjoyed it, but didn't love it. Still, it was nice to be out, just the two of us.

And that about sums up our day Thursday. We tried to make it a memorable and fun day for Jack, and us. I think we succeeded!

No comments: