Saturday, January 14, 2012

Still Exhaling....

The night after writing my recent post on my boys being sick, I awoke around 1 a.m. to a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. I'll spare you the gory details, but 5 hours later I finally fell asleep after spending the night suffering the effects of Jack's stomach virus. Thankfully that was the worst of it, but the rest of the day Wednesday I was basically zero use to anyone and my sweet husband stayed home from work to tend to the boys. Migrating between couch and bed the entire day, I basically slept with sluggish awakenings every so often to nurse Jason. I never knew it could take so much effort to sit up. The happy news is that my bug only lasted 24 hours, and I've felt right as rain since Thursday morning! The oh so annoying news is that later on that Thursday evening, my ear began to fill with pressure as if I were on an airplane or scuba diving. By Friday morning an intense ringing overtook my ear and still persists as I'm typing this update. Knowing this wasn't normal and was not going away, I went to our local Care Now and was diagnosed with an ear infection! Are you kidding me? I'm grateful for the diagnosis, since now I can take antibiotics and get rid of it. But, seriously, I haven't had an ear infection since I was a kid. Do adults really get these?

Jack seems to be recovered from his stomach bug, although every time I think this he proves me wrong by tossing his cookies one more time...so I'm weary of putting it in writing. It's been 36 hours since he's thrown up. Jason's nose- still runny. Jon, miraculously, seems to be fine.

I'm officially ready for this week to be over. Please no more.

1 comment:

Tina said...

Oh Erin, that is horrible!! I was wondering where you were today at church. I hope you have a better week!!! Let me know if you need anything!