Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Our Big Christmas Morning Post

We had a wonderful Christmas in 2011, and enjoyed visiting with family! We spent Christmas morning at my parents' house, along with my two sisters visiting from Virginia. Trying to get Jack super hyped-up for Christmas this year, we checked out library books all about the holiday, explaining about baby Jesus, Santa Claus, Christmas trees/lights...and it worked! He was so excited to see presents everywhere, and kept saying, "presents! open!" Jason loved, loved, loved playing with the bows and bags. (And the adults enjoyed some present opening I'm sure too.)

First Christmas as brothers

my parents, or Mimi and Pappaw as they are now called

one of Jack's first presents opened...a Cars felt book


 ohhh, what fun ribbon to yank!

playing with his new V-tech book from Mimi, a cool find

 my sister Kristi, or as Jack now calls her "Aunt Kristi!"

Aunt Kristi tried to corral the boys in this big box. It didn't take long for Jason to start eating his way out.

Jason is eating 1 of the 3 elephants he got for Christmas...elephants must be a fad for 2011?

40 piece Cars puzzle...Jack is so good with puzzles, and loves the challenge of putting them together- and I love the absorbing focus it takes for him to do so!

video of Jack opening his favorite gift:

remote control monster truck- need I say more?

 video of the blessed truck:

video of Jack getting his first scooter:

Jason with his hot momma and dadda....(fyi, not trying to exclude Jack, we needed a picture of just Jason with his parental units for his bedroom.)

 a fitting end for a fabulous day: Jack collapsed on his daddy after all the excitement.
It was so special to have Jack finally care about a holiday and be revved up for it. Little Jason had some unopened presents the next day, and Jack insisted that he open them; I worried that he'd be upset that they were for Jason, and told him, "no, they're for Jason." Jack opened them anyway, and to my surprise and delight, he walked over to his brother and handed him his gift, saying "for Jason." So sweet.

It was the first year that Jack gave gifts too. I thought him old enough, so we crafted cards, and he really enjoyed painting them. Yes, my little boy is mature enough to use paint. Sigh.
It was great to spend so much time with my family, especially my sisters who I only see a couple of times a year. Prior to the big Christmas morning, we enjoyed eating out (barbecue and Spaghetti Warehouse), seeing the latest Twilight movie (sans the children), riding trains, playing games, shopping, and catching up.

2 comments:

Ali said...

Cute, Erin. Your babies are so sweet. Glad you had a fun Christmas!!!

Erin R said...

Woohoo! Looks like lots of fun!
PS- I couldn't watch the videos...I think google is having video problems in general right now. =(