Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Exhale

For the majority of the month of December, my 2 boys were sick with colds and coughing. Jack began the fad, with Jason following suit 3 days later. I then too caught it, which is highly unusual since I usually have mommy immunity from getting such things. Jack recovered fairly quickly, left with only a residual cough. Poor Jason though. He began to get better, only to be hit with a second cold. He was snotty for 3 straight weeks, and contracted a double ear infection over Christmas. My poor baby. After being on antibiotics for a few days, he felt much better and his congestion cleared. Only 4 days after finally recovering from his back-to-back colds, Jason wakes up with yet another runny nose. Ughhhhh. Not again. We are hoping this one clears soon, minus the ear infection. And to top it all, Jack came down with a stomach virus on Sunday, throwing up countless times, in such places as his car seat, bed, and all over the dinner table (while we were eating). The dinner table was actually my favorite place, seeing as I was able to simply wipe it up, instead of taking apart a car seat, scrubbing blankets and sheets at 1:00 a.m., and running multiple loads of laundry. I'm fairly certain that vomit is the most detested of all bodily functions to clean up.

After spending a couple of hours today scouring toys to prevent the spread of Jack's stomach virus to Jason, doing loads of laundry, and trips around town to the doctor, pharmacy, & store, both boys are napping and my house is peaceful and clean. It's amazing what a clean house does to your mood. I already feel much better and prepared to handle my boys' illnesses. (At least until one of them wakes up, haha.)

3 comments:

Ali said...

Man, sorry to hear about the craziness. Seriously, kids throwing up is the WORST! And I know all about ear infections. As a baby, Megan had ear infections for about 3 straight months with no relief from antibiotics. Finally, she got tubes, and it was a miracle!

Glad the boys are feeling better! Hope no one else gets the stomach bug. :)

ColleenandKendra said...

Oh man. We've missed you at church, and now I know why! Kendra just said the other day, "I wonder if the Nelsons are out of town? Maybe you should go check, Mom, you know, as a good visiting teacher would do." :-) Honestly, I'm kinda glad I didn't come check, as that was your vomiting day! I hope things go uphill from now on! Stay healthy!

Amy Brinton said...

Lame, lame, lame. Here's hoping that the health turns up for everyone!