Friday, November 4, 2011

The Pum'kin Patch!


We visited a local farm, which hosts a large pumpkin patch extravaganza in October. They hold a host of activities for kids, and they're all free! We took our obligatory pumpkin pictures, enjoyed a hay ride, watched Jack slide down the bounce house slide, and lots more.

All the boys

Jack holding baby Jason (I thought it was miraculous that they both looked up and happy at the same time, without Jack letting go of Jason!)

Isn't he a cutie pie?

Hey, I'm actually in a photo!

pumpkins galore...

Jack's favorite movie ever: Cars!

Another beloved movie character, the rat from Ratatouille

A classic & favorite of mine too- Scooby Doo!

Jack & I enjoying the hay ride

The wagon ride back to the car; Jack is holding 2 little pumpkins for our 2 little boys

I melted when both boys sat in the wagon together! Seriously, I nearly went out and bought a wagon that week for more such brotherly moments.

A quick video of Jack sliding down the bounce house slide:

I think this pumpkin patch will have to be an annual family tradition from now on. We all had fun, and could have spent the whole day there if we had wanted. They had the yummiest smelling barbecue slow-cooking in the background, but we resisted. Next year I'm thinking we won't.

3 comments:

Amy Brinton said...

Ahh, I left a comment before and then didn't finish putting in my identity and all that. Oops. Anyway, the jist of it was that I have that wagon and love it and use it everywhere! It's the best way to get three kids (or two kids and a picnic) around.

Great photos--what a fun day!

Tina said...

I love that pumpkin patch. I went twice last year. Once with Kristi and Vilate (it was supposed to be a play date for the ward but no one else showed up) and once on a field trip with Cloey. We had such a great time. Love all the pictures, especially of the boys! You sure do have cuties!!!

Aslinn Rose said...

Awesome. Next year we'll have to join you.