Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The Sticky Sneak

It was a typical Tuesday evening at our house. Dinner included tasty french toast topped with syrup. After dinner, Jon came into our bedroom to help me with a computer problem. While paying attention to the computer, we heard chuckles coming from the direction of the kitchen. Assuming Jack was laughing at a scene from the movie Cars, I foolishly ignored it. A few more minutes pass while Jon tries to get the computer to cooperate, with the laughter continuing in the background, when I tell Jon to give up and go pay attention to Jack. That's when I hear Jon yell, "Jack! Stop it!" This can't be good, I think to myself. It turns out Jack's laughter wasn't triggered by the movie, but by his pouring syrup all over the table and floor. By the sizeable syrup puddle, I can guess that he'd been pouring for a good while too. It turns out it takes quite a bit of energy to clean up syrup, but not nearly as much to pour it.

Lesson learned: never leave a 3 year old alone, for any amount of time, with a bottle of syrup. Thank goodness our dining room isn't carpeted.

1 comment:

Gwen said...

Nice! Just think of the great time he had! You'll never pick up a bottle of syrup the same way again!