Monday, October 31, 2011

Sweet Surprises

A couple of weeks ago, Jon returned home from work to a stressed-out wife. I pleaded with him take our oldest boy out of the house for awhile, so I could enjoy a quiet home while I finished some chores. Not only did Jon immediately agree to take Jack out, but he returned home with a couple of sweet surprises: 
a divine chocolate silk pie,
and a dozen roses
Later he told me that the whole day he had been planning on taking Jack out and about after dinner, and to surprise me with flowers and dessert afterwards! Thank-you to my husband for the thoughtful and romantic gifts; they were wonderful!

2 comments:

Aslinn Rose said...

Awwww how sweet. Husbands can sure be life savers when us hard-working moms need a little breather. Brian is always willing to get Ella out of the house for a while so I can get things done too even if all I need to do is sit on the couch and feed Russell while watching some TV. It makes jumping back into work so much easier to have a short reprieve. It looks like we picked some good ones.

Tina said...

Wow!! What a guy!! That's awesome. Good job Jon!!!