Monday, February 7, 2011

Free at last!

The snow and ice are melted away, and we're free to leave our house once again, hallelujah! From Tuesday thru Saturday morning we were house-bound due to the icy road conditions. The weather never stays below freezing here for more than a day or two, so when it does ice over, it usually melts the next day. However, this time around the sub-freezing temps stuck for four days, virtually unheard of here. Plus, they don't salt the roads or plow them, and our driveway happens to be at a near 45 degree incline, so death was imminent if we tried to go out. Thankfully the weather is much warmer and sunnier and life is back to normal.

We thought we were going to be able to go out on Friday, but imagine our surprise when we woke up to several inches of snowfall. My OB appt was canceled a second time. I was so frustrated because I was scheduled to do my glucose test (1st on Wed, and then on Fri) and was eating light and healthy throughout the week- even though I was majorly craving ice cream- and then I didn't even take the stupid test! Well, once Saturday's sun came out and melted enough of the ice, Jon and I seriously binged on take out food. It was like we hadn't eaten in a week! It sure was yummy though. We also stopped by Babies-r-us and traded in our old stroller, for 25% off a new pack-and-play; a good deal I thought, since we wanted to dump the stroller off anyways. Ya'll should check out their website if you need any new baby gear; they're doing the trade-in for big items like cribs, car seats, strollers, high chairs, playyards, etc. I was hoping to have sonogram/prego belly pics to post by this time, but should have them up this weekend (that is if the weather doesn't ice me in my house again).

2 comments:

Tina said...

And what a beautiful day it is today!!
I'm trying to talk Tyler into trading in our double stroller and getting a newer combo w/carseat to last us another 3+ years so I'm kinda excited!
I hope both of us can keep our appointments this week and they come back positive... or negative... however you look at it.

Jill said...

Good luck with your glucose test!