Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A big kid trapped in a toddler's body


Sorry about the video being sideways. I tried to reshoot it horizontally, but Jack refused to climb and perform for me again, the little rascal. Anyways, a few days prior to this video, Jack was climbing the same ladder, and as he reached the top of the ladder, an older boy probably about 4 years old hung his head over the side and said "Hey, little dude! You're not allowed to climb that. That's for big kids. I'm not even allowed to climb that." The boy then turned to me for some kind of back-up, which I failed to give, instead saying that it was okay and Jack was fine on the ladder, but thank-you very much for your concern! It was too funny; he was seriously offended by Jack being on the big kid ladder. Oh well. They just replaced the old wooden playground in our neighborhood with a new plastic one, so we've gone several times this week and Jack loves it. Below he's swinging, being funny with his cap pulled over his face. This boy loves his hats; we went shopping last Saturday for spring/summer wear, and he loved putting on the hats and holding the clothes up to his body. He is certainly an entertaining one.

3 comments:

Tina said...

Oh my goodness that is so funny!! But I've always thought Jack was doing things on playgrounds that he "shouldn't" be doing for a long time now and he is so good! He has great footing. He sure is a brave one!!!! A cute brave boy!!

Amy Brinton said...

It's so funny how kids have different ideas about what they can and can't do. My oldest son, Jacob, wouldn't go down a slide alone until he was almost four, but little Adam did when he was 15 months old! Jack is definitely on the adventuresome side.

Jill said...

Yay for new playgrounds! Way to go Jack! I hope you'll enjoy being out on that playground a lot in the upcoming weeks. Let's meet at a park soon. I'd love to meet you and get some fresh rolls too!