Tuesday, December 11, 2012

My Cousin's Wedding

Our main reason for going to Cali was to see my cousin Randy get married to his fiance Haley. My cousin and I are only 3 weeks apart in age and were always close growing up, so it was great to be able to see him tie the knot. Unfortunately, once we landed in California, my children morphed into crazy, whiny, full of attitude little creatures, so I didn't fully appreciate the wedding and reception. Since taking pictures wasn't my main concern at the time, the one picture I have from the wedding was sent to me from my sister!

I spent the whole ceremony shushing my boys, trying to get Jack to share toys with Jason, all the while Jack was talking back to me like he never has before. I was about to just take Jack out, but it was apparent if I laid my hands on him he was going to scream and cry, so we stayed put to avoid making a scene during the "I do's." After the ceremony we took the above picture, and my children continually tried to run out the side door into the parking lot.

Then, we headed over to the reception, which I thought would be a welcome break from having to be quiet and still....wrong. We found our table and about an hour and a half later the bridal party came in. The boys actually sat for a good while, eating the cheese and fruit from the table. However, by time the actual party got started, they were wild and crazy again and I missed seeing the first dances, bouquet toss, and cake-cutting, sigh. Thank goodness my sisters were there to help me. Teri took Jason across the street to a playground where he could have some fun, and I soon joined her with Jack. It didn't help that the wedding started at 1:00 either, since Jason is accustomed to napping from 1:00-4:00 each day; factor in the  two hour time change, the lack of sleep, and all the craziness, it's no wonder they were crazy kids.

But, Randy and Haley were beautiful and so very in love, it was great to witness their happiness. After the wedding, we went back to the hotel and the boys crashed. And I got to leave them behind with my mom and Teri to watch, so Kristi and I could see the new Twilight movie. I was exhausted, but woke-up once the movie started going. It was great to have a night out with my sister, we had much fun and surprisingly didn't mock the movie too much. There was one line though that got a good laugh, unintentionally.

And that was our Saturday. Honestly, I'm feeling tired remembering all of it, so I'm just gonna end things right here.

2 comments:

Erin R said...

Sorry the boys weren't cooperative! =( It's never fun.

As you know I haven't seen any of the twilight movies but during one of the hundreds of previews I was tortured with Bella said something like "I was born to be a vampire!" and I couldn't keep from laughing at the absurdity of it. Heehee.

Erin R said...

I'm not sure if absurdity is an actual word...maybe I should have used absurdness? hmm...too early for such difficult thoughts.