Friday, July 27, 2012

We love when Aunt Teri visits!

My sister, affectionately known as Aunt Teri to my boys, came for a visit a few weekends ago. We loved spending time with her! Isn't she annoyingly beautiful?-
 I actually took a lot more pictures, except they're all on her phone, oops. Well, to sum up in words, we went downtown to eat at Reata's, a scrumptious southwestern cuisine place with a rooftop view, browsed thru an art gallery, visited our Mammaw in East Texas, and survived the summer heat by splashing around in the backyard.

Wondering why the picture is so hazy? Just ask the photographer- 4 year old Jack. He stole my phone and I later deleted about 35 pictures he took of the floor, hallways, and blurry people.

On Sunday, I took Jack with me, and we drove with my parents and Teri to visit Mammaw (my Dad's mom). She's closing in on 100 years old now! She has 4 children, 13 grandchildren, a ton of great-grandchildren (somewhere around 23), and 2 or 3 great-great-grandchildren. It's amazing to witness the birth of so many new generations in one's lifetime, don't you think?

When we went into her room to visit her, Jack kept saying how he was going to see "grandma." He sat next to her on the bed and held her hand for a few minutes, no hesitation. He was so sweet and told her "Hi grandma, I love you." She was thrilled he was there and kept asking him to say "mammaw" for her. He truly made her day.

We had a fun weekend with family and can't wait for Aunt T to visit again. It'll be close to Thanksgiving before we see her again, let the countdown begin!

1 comment:

Tina said...

I LOVE VISITORS!! It feels like a vacation for me when they come and it's so fun! I'm glad you had a great time with her. Sisters are the best!!