Monday, June 6, 2011

Jack Tales: Part 2

"Where's the 'Open the Door' "?

I took Jack and Jason for a walk around the neighborhoood the other day. When we walk back towards our house, Jack likes to hold the garage door opener so he can open the garage when we come in view of the house. So he opens the door, and I park the stroller inside the garage for a minute while Jack and I water the flowers out front. Because I'm a smart Mommy, I take a set of keys with me in case Jack decides to use his "garage door opener powers" for evil and and close the door, locking us out, (and thus, Jason IN the garage alone). Imagine my surprise when I'm done watering the flowers and Jack is now garage door opener-less. Hmmm, for all my smart-Mommyness, I did not anticipate him hiding it. I'm now in the predicament of retracing my toddler's footsteps thru the front yard, and asking him where he put it. Only, he doesn't know the words "garage door opener," he only knows that whenever he uses it I tell him to "open the door." So I'm asking my 3 year old, "where's the 'open the door' "? He finally relents, and points toward a certain spot in the bushes....where I find the garage door opener- only now, it has been freshly watered with the rest of the flowers. Note to self: next time watering flowers, confiscate garage door opener from rascally toddler, and be an even smarter Mommy.

No comments: