Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The mystery culprit

The other day I put Jack down for a nap, and shortly thereafter I heard him playing in his room instead of quietly sleeping. Eventually he fell asleep, and I always like to peek in on him. I opened his door and spot my sweet darling's little face...glistening at me from across the room. Yes, glistening. A shiny sheen emanated from his cheeks and forehead. At first I thought maybe he was really sweaty. I wish. Noticing the curtains are askew, I investigate the window area, only to see the same shiny, greasy substance coating the window. There sitting on the window sill is a tub of vaseline. I swear that vaseline was on top of his very tall dresser, pushed all the way back; but leave it to Jack to figure out a way to get his little paws on it. Needless to say, the vaseline now resides in a different room.


In case you were wondering, the average time for a face full of vaseline to be completely non-greasy again= 3 days.

4 comments:

Jill said...

What a sneaky boy. Good climbing yet again Jack! Taryn loves to open Vaseline and rub it on her hands. Good luck getting it all off of his sweet face! I'm glad he fell asleep.

Ali said...

I think I remember my mom telling a story of my sister doing the same thing as a little girl, only she coated a stuffed animal with the stuff. Kids love it!

I'm just impressed that he still takes a nap. Megan gave them up! BOO!

Kristi said...

That actually made me laugh audibly...

Aslinn Rose said...

I hope he didn't rub it into the carpet. Little ninja