Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Magic Cards

There's a scene in the movie Confessions of a Shopaholic where as a little girl, the main character watches some older girls use a credit card to buy shoes. A wide-grin spreads across the little girl's face as she remarks how it's a "magic card!" People can buy anything they want with one swipe of this magical card. A whole new world opens up to this little girl.

Well, I think my son has already been exposed to this world. Yesterday while at the dry cleaners, I sat him on the counter while waiting for my order. Jack opened my wallet, grabbed my credit card and handed it to the lady. She laughed, commented on how smart he was, and then swiped it! She didn't even ask me if that's what I wanted to use. She then gave it back to Jack who knowingly put it back in my wallet. He was so proud of himself. His first time to use the magic card! He was such a lucky boy that today he got to use the magic card again at Walmart. You can totally tell that he feels as if he "is in the loop". I love that he is so observant and clever! Except, now I'm going to have to be much more careful with my magic.

6 comments:

Amy Brinton said...

LOL--That's a great story! I got a card and pictures of Jack and your fam today in the mail--I was VERY excited to hear from your mom! She says that she's smitten by little Jack--it seems that he's a charmer for sure!

Erin R said...

Yeah, um, you're going to have to definitely watch your wallet! What a sneaky little boy!

Ali said...

Cute family picture at the top. You look hot (in the mom sort of way). But I mean that as a compliment. :)

Looks like you had a fun Christmas! That little Jack is sure getting big. :)

Jill said...

What a good story. I hate to admit that mine are pretty bad about the credit card too. The worst was a few years ago when Dallas tried to swipe my card at Chuck E Cheese! Kyson is just as bad.

Kristi said...

thats super cute.... aw.

Aslinn Rose said...

Such a safarious little boy, must take after his dad. It is a nice feeling to be "in the loop".