Friday, August 14, 2009

"Jack the puppy"

How much are little kids like puppies? TOO MUCH. The other night, I was unloading fresh laundry from the dryer into the laundry basket. My son, right out of his bath- and still naked- walks over to help me with the laundry. Only he pees on it...and the floor, and the basket. Did I mention he peed on his clean clothes?! I just laughed because it was really ironic timing, considering he doesn't usually pee after bathtime, and the time he does, he does it on clean clothes!

Another way Jack is like a puppy? He communicates by yelping and screaming. I swear dogs can understand him, because whenever he screams, the dog in the upstairs' apt barks back. And he had an intense conversation with a black labrador the other day. The two just stared at each other, with the dog shaking his head back and forth and Jack laughing in response. Adorable. It almost made me want to get a dog for Jack- almost.

3 comments:

Jill said...

How are the neighbors upstairs? Any better? And what about the dogs barking? Has Jack taught them to calm down and sleep during the night yet?

Erin said...

The neighbors upstairs are better at night, fortunately! The dog still barks thru the day, but no more at 4 in the morning. It looks like we'll be moving soon though, so we won't have to deal with them anymore!!

I Love Freedom said...

Dog seems to be a perennial favorite of children! Fortunately, your DH never peed on anything! LOL