Tuesday, June 12, 2012

What they're sayin'

The boys have been saying some pretty cute things lately, and I just have to get some of them recorded before I forget!

Jack:
-One night I checked on Jack when he was asleep in bed and heard him singing the lyrics to "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star"

-That same night, while still asleep, he exlaimed "No Jason! Don't touch that!"

-Which reminds me, one morning when awakened for school and still drowsy, his first words were, "No, Jason, don't!" (FYI, Jason is not in the room. Apparently, Jack is quite worried about his baby brother getting into his things)

-singing "Itsy, Bitsy Spider", "Head, Shoulders, Knees, & Toes", and the theme song to the Nick Jr. show "Bubble Guppies"

-during his nightly prayer- "bless my tummy no owie" (after getting over a stomach bug, he kept including this line in his prayers)

-"Bye, bye Mommy. I love you." (after putting him in bed for the night)

-"It's time for Bubble Guppies!" (announcing to me it was time for him to watch his fav show)

-As we sat down for dinner, he said, "Time for lunch", so I corrected him and explained how it was time for dinner.  The next morning as he sat down for breakfast he proudly exclaimed, "Time for dinner!"

-when he wants to be picked up and carried he says "Carry you!" (he gets "you" and "me" mixed up alot)

-"Babies are so cute!"

-When his cousin and grandparents visited one day, he excitedly said "It's a birthday party!" (because if your family comes to visit, you must be having a birthday)

Jason:
-"Dah!" (while pointing at the object he wants)

-"Dada" (for Daddy)

-"Mama" (for Mommy)

-"Moh" (for "more" food)

-while waving, he says "Nigh, nigh" (for "night, night" when going to bed)

-in addition to saying new words, he's understanding a ton more. Some examples include: dog, ball, cat, come here, no.... I'm sure there are many, many more but I can't remember them all; but I can definitely tell he's learning more and more. He even impressed me while we read the other day as he pointed to the picture of the dog in the book when I asked him where the dog was. Another time when I told him to go play with the ball, he immediately walked across the room and picked up the ball.


This is one of those posts where I could go on forever and praise their cuteness, but I'll cut it off here. I'll have to do this type of post again in a few months, when they've had more time to come up with adorable phrases. 'Til then.


2 comments:

Kristi said...

Love, love, love it. Catherine and I laughed as we read through these!

Ali said...

Cute Erin! Your boys are really growing up. It's fun to see a glimpse through the blog!