Thursday, December 2, 2010

B-I-G Changes

Jack had a fun new arrival a couple of weeks ago....a new big boy bed! He LOVES it, oh my gosh. He literally races me to his bedroom at naptime, pushing me out of the way. And after bathtime with Daddy, he no longer comes out to give me kisses; he stays in his room, climbs into bed and waits to be covered. He loves climbing in and out of the bed all by himself, and then lays his head on the pillow, waiting to be covered up. I was so anxious about him leaving his crib, worrying about him getting out of bed and not sleeping; but the wonderful part is, he stays in the bed and sleeps no problem- then after waking up, he waits for you to come get him! Hallelujah. I'm betting that since he's the only child he doesn't know his options about getting up and roaming around. Oh well, I'm enjoying it while it lasts. It's so fun to sneak in and peek at him while he's sleeping; the bed dwarfs him and you never know what position you'll find him in.

He is too adorable here, he was sleeping like a baby with his legs tucked under himself and the blanket covering him.
A new car pillow for a new bed. While at Target picking out sheets, he found their collection of car bedding and insisted on "driving" the pillow around the store, while on his knees.
Perfect example of my cuddly boy, snuggling his pillow.

Stay tuned, an update on Jack's latest audiology appointment is coming soon.....

6 comments:

Erin R said...

That's so exciting! I can't believe he's so old now...how quickly time passes. I'm glad the transition went so smoothly!
I can't wait until Reagan is ready for a big kid bed...I hate hefting her over the railing on her crib...I wish they made cribs shorter (or me taller, lol). =)

Amy Brinton said...

What a cute bed! I just put my little Adam in a toddler bed, too. He knows about getting out, but he's pretty easygoing and stays in most of the time. I wish that I had looked for a bed with drawers in it, like yours, though. That's smart.

Tina said...

Oh wow!! I remember when Cloey would stay in bed when she first got her big girl bed but with each child they learn from the oldest and then you are in for it. John just moved to a big boy bed too so it's been quite interesting with the two boys jumping off beds and playing at night!! (sigh) I love how cute Jack is when he is asleep and how cuddly he is. You sure got a fun little boy for sure!!!

Ali said...

Fun! Meggie got a big-girl bed too, and she loves it! It really has helped with the whole sleeping thing.

Amy, I don't know about the drawers. Lauren's bed has cute drawers under it that turned into steps. So I had to turn them around so they wouldn't get ruined! I hope Jack is better behaved than my little naughties!

:)

Jill said...

Wow. I hope he is just as obedient when he is a teenager! So smart to get a cute bed with storage!

Jill said...
This comment has been removed by the author.