Sunday, September 27, 2009

PAINT!

We are officially homeowners. Gulp. In an ambitious attempt to make our new house into our home, we have launched a full-scale painting project. We're able to do this because we're not moving for another week, so luckily we can make the house a mess and not worry about living in it. Anyways, Jon and I accomplished a lot over the weekend and the place is starting to look like ours! I'll post pictures when we're all done. But for a preview--we've changed one bedroom from a suffocating bubble-gum pink to a soothing silver, and we've mastered the art of the miter saw. We cut wood for a chair rail in the dining room, and I love saying that I used a compound miter saw! How cool is that? (Especially considering that when I rented it from Home Depot I asked the guy if it came with instructions.)

I just realized that sadly, I did not take "before" pictures of the rooms we've worked on. But I'll start doing that for the next rooms. One negative effect of painting? You are covered with paint, head-to-toe afterwards...even after showering, you find unexpected paint splotches on your skin. You can never get rid of it! I am just imagining the looks I'll get at church when people catch a glimpse of my brown and biege nails.

6 comments:

Brian Nelson said...

What a good wife! You even got the instructions. I'm excited to see ya'll's (is that even a word?) home on saturday!

Jill said...

I hope all the painting is going well. Is Jack trying to help? What does he think of the house? I can't wait to see pictures!

Amy Brinton said...

Handywoman Erin: What a trooper you are! It sounds like a huge job, but you'll love being in a home decorated to your tastes. Good luck!

Erin R said...

we need a new blog entry with new pictures of all the new adventures you're having!

Steven Raynor said...

It is great to see your family doing great things.

Steven Raynor said...

Steven is code for Bro Raynor